Following the Scottish Govt announcement on Covid restrictions, our planned screenings from Sat 7th – Sat 14th will have to now be postponed.

Our plan B has always been to run the 2020 edition once the cinemas are open and currently we will be awaiting the Scottish Govt. weekly reviews each Tuesday. Once Edinburgh moves to tier 2 we will arrange new dates shortly thereafter. The venues require a further week to clean and prepare the cinema space. Currently, therefore, the earliest date we can hold the 2020 ESFF is from Saturday 21st November if Edinburgh is moved to tier 2 next Tuesday.

We will provide an update next week but we are prepared and ready to run this year’s ESFF as soon as we are given clearance.

Fingers crossed we will see you all soon!